Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Week 3 - Day 2

I'm still happy about yesterday. My diet was spot-on, I obliterated my old Kelly PR, and I felt great on my bike last night. I need to remember that recovery is so important, because it allows for leaps like this. I also need to remember that alcohol is the enemy!! If only my back would heal faster. :(

Breakfast: 1/3 cup oatmeal, handful raisins, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 cup egg beaters
Snack: Yoplait, 1/2 cup CC
Lunch: leftover chicken curry with apples, tortilla
Snack: Zone bar
Dinner: 7 oz salmon with soy/ginger glaze, 1/2 cup rice, 1 cup canned peas

Lunch workout:
Warm up = 5 min row, 2 rounds of squats, dips, pushups, backext
Front squat 5x5: 45, 55, 55, 65, 65
OHS 5x5: 45, 45, 45, 45, 45
OH lunges: 2x10 with 10# DBs
Core, stretching

Had a massage tonight and it seemed to really help. Sitting at work is KILLING my recovery. If I could just walk around all day, my back would feel great.

I'm getting a little frustrated this week with the diet/weight loss. I went back up to 156lbs and I feel a little out of control again. My calories have been averaging at 1950, which seems too high. I'd like to be around 1800 for at least this first month. I think I need to start concentrating on portion size. I just noticed last night that our frozen salmon fillets are 7 oz! That's 340 calories (although it's also a huge blast of protein). And it's going to be a lot harder to workout after work if there's snow on the ground again.

No comments: