Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bill Phillips is my bitch!

I'm back....kind of.

My back has been making a slow recovery over the last couple of weeks. I've been seeing a chiropractor, Tom Malin (thanks Richard!), and it seems to be helping. Thank God for physical therapy, heat pads, and massage. I've been skiing again pain-free, and I finally got out on a tour on Sunday. We took Maddie up Neff's for her first ski tour and she was a rockstar! The snow was deep and she waddled through it as best as she could. I'll post some pics later.

So, I've decided I really need to get my butt back in shape by summer. The thought of running around in a bikini right now is not fun. I've started up the Body For Life program with a few twists.

#1: I'm not drinking so many of those damn Myoplex shakes. Icky.
#2: I'm not following the weight training program. I'm starting up CrossFit again as soon as my back will let me. In the meantime, I'm doing some basic multi-set lifts.
#3: I'm doing more cardio than prescribed. Most days, that will be my morning workout.
#4: I'm including more yoga!
#5: I'm allowed to drink on Thursday nights with the girls. :)

Basically, I'm working out in the morning and not eating so damn much. My goal is to be <20% body fat by the end of May. After-work bike rides are starting up next week, so motivation is coming! I'll promise to post numbers every week to keep myself honest (fat%, total weight, waist/hip/thigh measurements) . Maybe I'll even post a "before" picture tonight. Aaack!

No comments: