Thursday, March 15, 2007

Week 1 - Day 4

So I ended up feeling great for the whole day yesterday. I think the headaches, etc were just due to a drastic schedule change. I think I'll be cruising by next week. This morning was much easier to get up. I've been waking up about 10 minutes before the alarm almost every day. I think my brain is subconsciously excited about working out in the morning.

I've been so preoccupied with starting this new workout program, I feel like everything else has slipped a bit. My goal for the weekend and next week is to get on track at work and really start gearing up for the GMAT and school this fall. It's nice to be motivated again though. Maddie sure isn't enjoying the morning workouts - she has to stay home a lot more often. I want to figure something out so she can go to the grandparents more often.

Speaking of letting things slip...I need to get back on my TV reviews! Lost is KILLING it right now. It's finally back to the good old Lost I knew and loved. The ending of last night's episode was awesome - Jack running across the field towards Kate (unknowingly) and ending up catching a football. Sweet. Kate was pretty devastated. BSG on the other hand...not so good. I have no idea where they're going with this show and they just keep disappointing me. Killing Starbuck? If that's not grasping at straws, I don't know what is. But she will be back, I'm 100% sure. The show has just lost so much of the chemistry that made it so good. It's so dark, sinister, and so confusing this season. What the hell is up with that lawyer? I didn't understand a goddamn thing he said last week!

30 minutes - elliptical
1 min at each setting, 10, 11, 12, 13 repeating
Legs were so sore this morning! I can tell it's been a while since I've done deep squats. I used the foam roller this morning on my I-bands and I'm going to go wreck my quads this afternoon with that thing.

Breakfast: Vanilla Advantage EAS (and a horsepill ibuprofen)
Snack: 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup CC
Lunch: turkey sandwich on wheat
Snack: snap peas and carrots with hummus
Snack (I was hungry!): 1 cookies and cream EAS Advantage bar (220 calories)
Dinner: handful tortilla chips, two martinis, salad with dressing, two kabobs
Dessert: cheesecake and french silk with raspberries (definitely bad for me but so good!)

I think I need to go on an extra bike ride this weekend for that cheesecake. So good.

No comments: