Monday, June 11, 2007

Fruita is fun! Monday 6x5's

No camera, so no pictures from Fruita. The weekend was just what I needed - quality time with Josh and getting back on my bike! Enid, my PT, is a miracle worker and showed me some taping techniques for my knee. I was totally pain-free for the whole weekend, although our longest ride was maybe 12 miles. Still, it's good to be back riding. Saturday we cranked through Joe's Ridge and Zippedy Do Da before noon. Sunday we hit Mary's Loop over in the Kokopelli area. I only had one casualty - I ate shit on Kessel on our "twilight ride". I guess it's not such a good idea to ride after a couple of beers. Dinner at the Hot Tomato was epic. So much new stuff down there - I can't wait to go back this fall.

Wine tasting in GJ was super fun too! We both really liked Grand River winery. We paid $3.50 each and got to taste all of their wines (about 8). Needless to say, it was a cheap buzz. Plus, the wine was excellent. The guy behind the counter had a great sense of humor and knew a lot about the wines and the winery. We both like the Reserve Merlot the best, but it was a little expensive. We bought ourselves a bottle of Chardonnay and Cab Sav, and got a bottle of Port for the parents. Next we hit Graystone winery, specializing in Ports. We tried both a white and red port that were both outstanding. Lastly we hit the Meadery of the Rockies and got to taste some mead from people who know what they're doing. OMG! Even the straight-up honey mead was to die for. We bought a bottle of the semi-dry "Lancelot" mead and a six-pack of the best honey cider ever. I have to admit, after tasting their mead, I'm pretty impressed with my own batch. Mine's significantly stronger (15%, while the RM cider was about 6%), but is just as smooth. They told us you can schedule tours if you call ahead, so we definitely want to do that next time. There's a lot of wineries we missed (due to drunkeness!) so there's plenty to see the next time we go!

Monday workout:
6x5 Front squat 65-75-85-90-90-90
6x5 Push press 55-65-70-70-75-75
One legged box jump (4 risers) - 3 sets of 10
Bicycle crunches

No comments: