Monday, April 30, 2007

Fun with Der and Joops - Shoreline superloop

What a sweet weekend! Derek and Joops came through town Friday night. Josh made an awesome dinner and Maddie finally got to meet Rio. We introduced Derek to Bobsled on Saturday morning and he loved it! Always good to get some props for SLC mt biking.

After feeling kind of sluggish and slow on my bike for the last week or so, I wanted to time myself up Dry Creek again just to see where I was at. Josh has been pretty sick so he sat this one out. I decided to ride from the house to get an approximate round-trip time for future reference. I took 300E to E-street up to 11th ave and over to Popperton. I started the clock at the Dry Creek jump and here's how everything played out:

Home to bottom of Dry Creek = 42:00
Dry Creek to top of switchback climb = 17:05 (beat my last time by over 2 minutes!)
Top of climb to bottom of Bobsled = 26:17

At this point, I was feeling a little spicy so I headed up Terrace Hills to finish up in City Creek. That Terrace Hills climb is no joke, and the climb from the trailhead to City Creek trail is nasty.

Bottom of Bobsled to home ~45:00 (I forgot to stop my clock when I got home).

All-in-all, a good day. I finally cleaned the rocky section of Dry Creek, I cleaned the last switchback in City Creek, it was my longest local ride of the year (and the most climbing). I figure Josh and I could squeeze in rides from the house after work - round trip not including City Creek is about 1:30 to 1:45 - so there are no more excuses!

No comments: