Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Quest for 70

After a long hiatus from blogging, and a handful of months with school, sparse workouts, and very little motivation, I've decided to set myself a goal. I think a physical goal that I can mark on the calendar will help keep me not only gain back the fitness I so desperately need, but finally work off that pesky ten pounds.

My masochistic husband always seems to come up with the best ways to kick his own ass, so I asked him last night, "What would be a good ass-kicker goal for me to set this ski season?" I mentioned the Wasatach Powderkeg in March, but I still needed something to keep me going through Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb. Inspiration struck this morning and Josh called me at my desk.

"How about 100 days?" Great! I thought. What better way to get my ass out of bed than tick marks on the calendar? However, I started thinking about it and 100 days just isn't physically possible with my schedule. So, I started counting. Including all of my Fridays off, and not counting holidays as extra days, I counted 83 available days from Nov 1 through the end of May. Knowing that skiing every single available day may not be realistic, I'm shooting for 70 days. Earlier days (this weekend), later days (June), and mid-week dawn patrols will just be icing on the cake.

So welcome to my "Quest for 70" Blog for the 2007-2008 ski season, including the Powderkeg. I'll try to post TR's and pictures as much as possible for each of my days, giving me a kick-ass reminder of a kick-ass ski season. All weather conditions, all snow conditions, and a host of random partners....it's gonna be a good winter.

Here's to a long season, a stable snowpack, and lake effect!

(On the subject of blogging, Josh wrote up a great report on Matt and Elisabeth's wedding. Check it out at http://joshpetersen.blogspot.com)

No comments: