Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Gimpy McBusted is back in the house

Yup, I managed to hurt myself again. After hitting my personal best deadlift two weeks ago I was feeling pretty good about my back and how well I had recovered from last year. On Monday morning (the 29th), I decided to do "Diane": 21-15-9 DLs and HSPUs. I warmed up, and decided to throw on 135# for the DLs (hey, I maxed at 200#). So, 15 reps into the first set I stood up to take a break and realized that my lower back felt really tight. It kept getting tighter and more painful by the second, and soon I was totally Quasimoto'd. It's probably similar to what I did at the climbing gym last year. STUPID.

So, I'm back on the recovery wagon. I've managed to get in some pretty decent cardio workouts over the last 7 days or so, but it's just not the same when I can't do my Crossfit stuff. I'm hoping to be back on my skis by next weekend. I've also tried to put myself back on a pretty strict diet to limit my losses (although the combo of GGAN, the mini-summit parties, UFC, and Superbowl definitely didn't help in the "diet" department this weekend). I'm going to try going for no alcohol during the week (and Sunday if I can manage it), absolutely no sugar, and calories <1500 per day. I really want to lose this horrible 6-7 poounds that just won't go away.

I talked extensively with Lis this Sunday about XC skiing and touring, and hopefully I've found myself a new touring partner. I've really wanted to get some nordic gear too, so it'll be cool to have her show me the ropes a bit. I think it's time to get super fit again (if only I would stop hurting myself!)

On another note, Josh has started classes at the Bernales Institute and he's really loving it. I think I want to give it a shot once I'm back in full form - Muay Thai has always looked really fun. I don't know how I feel about getting punched and kicked, but I would be one bad mofo.

No comments: